Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Have you been to Hell? I have.. it's called Monterey Park

So this past Sunday I went with the family to go see my sister perform in a Christmas Concert out in Alhambra. Extremely tired, cold, but not too hungover we made the trip at about 11:00 in the morning. As soon as we got there at around 12:00, we finally got set up quickly in about 30 minutes, and my sister and dad began to do run throughs and warmups so Jess and I were sitting there bored out of our minds. She was hungry since she didn't have breakfast, and I was in the mood for fast food so I took my Dads car and we left to go find some sort of Fast Food joint.

After we traveled for a few minutes we ended up in Monterey Park, we quickly found a Bank of America (which we needed to stop by for my mom) and we began our quest to find food.

I don't know if anyone else has ever been to Monterey Park, but there is literally NO fast food joints anywhere. Every block has about 2-3 Chinese Food sit down places, but there was not ONE single chain fast food joint within a 6 mile radius. The closest things we even found to fast food was a Donut Shop, and an amazing brilliant combination of a Donut/Hamburger Stand (I thought asians were supposed to be smart??). Keep in mind while 6 miles doesn't sound like that large of a radius, 99% of monterey park is made up of the asian community. That meant it took us 1 hour to travel around the town, due to the most irritating thing in the world ASIAN DRIVERS. SERIOUSLY, how hard is it to drive over 25 miles per hour! At one point there was one car in front of me, who was no where near a stop light, no where near another car, was only going about 25 miles per hour, and started to brake... no she was not turning, not switching lanes, not looking for anything, she just decided to brake to be safe....

It took me almost an hour to get out of that hellhole and finally head over in the opposite direction from where we had left to Alhambra where we finally found a McDonalds...

I have been to Hell... and it's called Monterey Park.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha...I used to live in Monterey Park..Monterey Park in Calgary, Canada that is! It doesn't have a large population of asians, only east indians!

    ReplyDelete